Wouldn’t it be nice …
· To have $2000 to apply towards your educational expenses?
· To be recognized for your student accomplishments?
· To set a shining example for your peers?
If the answer to any of these questions is “YES!!”, then I encourage you to apply for the Nathaniel Alston Student Achievement Award. Each year the PSPA honors senior Physician Assistant student winners at their Annual Conference, which this October 2013 will be held at the Bayfront Convention Center in Erie, Pennsylvania.
Oh... and did I mention that the three winners of the essay contest will be presented with a $2000 honorarium.
Applying is easy. See details in the information that follows this notice.
Good luck to all who apply!
Helen O. Hiserman PA-C
“Everything is out there waiting for you. Everything you want also wants you. But you have to take action to get it.”
Pierre-Jules Renard, French author
To All Physician Assistant Students:
The PSPA is pleased to announce the Nathaniel Alston Student Achievement Scholarship Award. This award has been established by the PSPA to recognize students who have demonstrated the highest standards of the PA profession through their experience and knowledge by promoting goodwill, public recognition and professional development of the PA profession. An award of $2000 will be presented to three PA students. These awards will be selected on a competitive basis. Each student applicant will be competing against other student applicants from their respective PA Programs in Pennsylvania. The applicants’ essays will be judged by the members of the PSPA Awards Committee. More than one student from each program may be among the winners. The awards will be presented during the Student Challenge Bowl at the Annual PSPA CME Conference. Selected students are expected to attend the banquet and receive their award in person.
· Currently, and at the time of the awards presentation, the student must be in good standing at an accredited Pennsylvania PA program
· A member of the PSPA at the time of application
· A maximum 750 word essay typed and double spaced.
· For all essays, client/patient encounters should be identified by intials only in an effort to protect patients' confidentiality.
Choose one topic from the three choices below.
1) What role does community service in medicine play in promoting the PA profession?
2) Provide an experience during PA school, perhaps a patient you interacted with or a project you were involved in, and how this experience will affect how you practice in the PA profession.
3) Provide a patient encounter that presented a moral/ ethical dilemma in medical practice, and how you would approach the issue/issues.
Quotes and excerpts from written documents can be used, but must be credited appropriately.
Applying is easy. E-mail in your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org . Make sure to include your name, address, email, PSPA number, PA program and anticipated date of graduation in the body of the e-mail
All applications for the Student Achievement Award must be completed and submitted by July 30, 2013.